If you fail to provide personal data
2. How is your personal data collected?
Directed Interactions You may give us your [Identity, Contact and Financial Data] by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers
- advertising networks and
- search information providers based inside AND OR outside of Barbados.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside AND OR outside of Barbados.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators based inside AND OR outside of Barbados.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources based inside AND OR outside of Barbados
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.